Monday, June 30, 2008

wisconsin update and well as other stuff

So Saturday our car got broken into, I'm still pretty upset. I just can't understand people who steal.. but, I know it happens and hey, it could have been a lot worse. We've been "carless" since Saturday since the window is busted and there was glass everywhere. Mark cleaned it out today and drove it to work but I don't feel comfortable driving in case a piece of glass we missed flies back and hits Ryland.. good news is tomorrow it will be fixed. YAY! Bad news, we'll be out $200. bleh.. like we have an extra $200 to spend.

I walked 6+ miles today. My feet are officially sore. Since Mark had the car for work, I had to walk to city hall to apply for the homestead tax break or something like that. Pretty much next year we'll save $200 on taxes or something, I promised my dad i'd do it. So anyways, I walked there (just about 3 miles) and then we walked to the park closer to that part of town. I think all the flooding created extra mosquitos. We got half eaten by bugs within 5 minutes so we didn't stay long. I walked through campus and took Ryland to see the horses that are at the campus barn. He even pet one, although I don't think he completely understood the whole concept, but hey, It made my day. 

Mark called me today to tell me he has an interview for ALL the Wisconsin jobs available so July 14 & 15th we'll be making a family trip. I'm pretty excited. Although the idea of spending HOURS in a car with Ryland doesn't sound like very much fun this is a great step for our family. We'll be spending the night in kenosha, Wi, which is about 20 mins from where I grew up. So I called my friend and told her she HAD to drive down that Monday night to see me. I haven't seen her in almost a year so i'm so happy! Tuesday Mark is checking out the store in Kenosha, then we're driving to two other locations near Milwaukee, and then we're heading to Madison. It'll be a pretty crazy day. I don't really know what Ry and I will be doing while Mark is checking out the stores and doing his interview...but I'm sure we'll figure out something. 

thats pretty much all the updates I have right now. Hope everyone is doing well this week!

No comments: