Wednesday, June 24, 2009

There are times when I look over at Ryland and I still see him as my little baby and then there are times like yesterday when I realized he's completely a toddler now with his own personality and decision making skills. 

He woke up from a nap starving, I think he may be growing again because right before his nap he had a banana and a yogurt and for breakfast he had 2 bowls of oatmeal but this is beside the point, he woke up starving. I was planning on making chicken fingers for lunch but apparently the 10 minutes it would take to re-heat them was too long and we were having a mini meltdown so I thought on my toes and made 1/2 a peanut butter sandwich for him. He was thrilled and started hopping and dancing in the kitchen and while eating (I make a mean peanut butter sandwich). Sometime between handing him the sandwich and the 5 minutes it took for me to start chopping veggies he had opened the sandwich and gotten PB all over his fingers and face. He walked over to me looked at his hand, looked at my pants, looked at his hand again and then WIPED HIS HANDS ON MY PANTS and then gave me a smile and hopped away!  He's a stinker isn't he?

No comments: