Monday, June 22, 2009

Meal Planning Monday Week of June 22

Photobucket

Last week the big hit meal was the tandoori chicken, it was sooooo good we made it twice in the week, I don't think I've ever seen Mark enjoy chicken more (he's more of a beef guy). Mark is gone this week until Weds night (hopefully) so I tried making tonight and tomorrow and easy as I could. I'm excited I finally get to have salad for dinner! Mark would never eat something like a chickpea salad so I'm enjoying being able to eat vegetarian while he's gone. It was insanely hot here in Springfield last week and it looks like it'll stay hot this week too so most of my menu for this week is grilled food. No need to heat up the kitchen by turning on the oven right?.. oh, did I mention everything is healthy and low cal?

Monday- Lemon pepper Chicken kebabs (lawry's lemon pepper marinade, bell pepper and onion easy peasy)  
Tuesday- Chickpea and spinach salad with yogurt dressing( recipe here
Wednesday- Grilled chicken & corn on the cob, salad ( Another lawry's marinade, corn on the cob was 3 for $1) 
Thursday- home made whole wheat veggie pizza 
Friday-Creamy chicken pasta toss with veggies (recipe here
Saturday- Clean out the fridge! aka Leftovers
Sunday-Moroccan Chicken kebabs (recipe here)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love chick peas. That salad sounds yummy!

Tara said...

It was my first time making it and it was so good, if you like chickpeas then you'll love it!