Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bringing Enchantment into your home



I have always had a love and fascination of fairies. Most of my interest in them probably stems from my childhood when my mother read me stories about fairies, gnomes and the other magical creatures that live in nature, I even had paintings in my room of fairies hidden in the trees. I remember as a child always looking for them hiding in the trees and flowers.

I was reading one of my newest favorite blogs, simply me, when I discovered that I could buy a fairy door to put inside my home. This is right up my alley. I think it will be such a fun thing for
Ryland to grow up with in our home bringing magic into his life. How cute is this?

I was familiar with fairy doors in gardens but I guess the idea of putting fairy doors inside homes came from the newest spreading fad in Ann Arbor, MI (called Urban Fairies) where the town is slowly being covered with fairy doors outside of little shops. Children and adults alike are enjoying the new editions to the town. Apparently people are leaving coins and other little trinkets for the fairies by the doors. I wish we lived closer to Ann Arbor because I would love to visit all the doors, Ann Arbor is such a fantastic town I hope other towns follow suit and fairy doors start popping up all over the country!

2 comments:

Simply Me... said...

Thank you so much for posting this, I love my fairy door! are you going to order one you won't be sorry!

Lanny:o)

Mandi said...

How cute is that!!!