Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cloth Diapering is harder than I thought...

So since i'm in this eco-craze right now I went about spent almost $200 on bumgenius cloth diapers last week , they arrived in the mail and I was SO excited because well.. because mail excites me!

Ryland was put into them almost immediately and he looked adorable. I loved the way they fit, I loved how they felt when I held him (all comfy and soft). As you can imagine when I woke up this morning at 3am soaked in urine the love of the cloth was OVER. I had always heard women RAVE about how they love cloth because there are "no leaks", we've experienced a leak here or there with disposables but nothing like I had experienced this morning. The puddle of pee that covered my sheets was the size of Ryland, it looked as if he didn't have a diaper on at all and just peed all over. You may be thinking, well that happens if its been hours since you've changed him, but no-it was 3 hours. not any longer than a normal change during the day.... what can I say? my son can pee!

Today hes in sposies again, and I realize its purely because i'm angry. I need to give them another shot, or maybe find a different type of cloth for nighttime, I'm just so discouraged now. Plus, now I have extra laundry to do as if the house isnt out of control anyways. I don't know if this is just me, or everyone but even little things like this make me feel insecure, like I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to use something properly. Kinda like working out at the gym, I hate going because I always feel like i'm doing something wrong, even running on the treadmill! Hopefully i'm not alone.

Anyways, I've decided that at nights he will be in disposables until I can figure out what cloth diapers would be best for night time, but i'm sticking to cloth during the day! After years of thoughtless waste I need to do it for the environment!!

No comments: